|Like 'Tron', 'Tron: Legacy' will also be a magnificent masterpiece.|
July 25th, 2009 [12:43:13]
SpookyCupcakes: I'm a huge Tron fan, and I've only said "*JJ Abrams keyboard solo*"?
Well that's an injustice.
Ever since Tron was released, it has captivated the minds of whoever saw it, it revolutionized special effects and was the stepping stone to modern CGI. Beyond that, the movie has a grounded mythology based on belief systems, faiths, etc. But this is why Tron's positive became it's negative. Tron is a Disney movie, you see? Disney made childrens movies in the 80's. Kids don't want to know about computers and users and stuff of the sort, they want to see a mischievous cartoon animal with a lot of slapstick comedy for 90 minutes. So naturally, this movie bombed at the box office, it was all because of negative word of mouth. Adults heard "Disney movie" and avoided it, and children and parents who saw it thought it was too boring for a Disney movie. The same thing happened with "The Iron Giant" in 1999. The movie was the first to use a fully rendered CGI character in a hand drawn environment, not to even mention the most emotional ending of an animated movie I've ever seen. Even though this was a technological breakthrough, it went unnoticed because once again teens and adults saw a cartoon, and adults and children saw that is wasn't a movie made by Disney (even though it's directed by Brad Bird, who directed 'Toy Story' and a lot of other pixar movies).
So, now that we are able to look back, we can appreciate and understand what audience 'Tron' is meant for. And with this, that same demographic will find themselves in theaters watching this movie, which will also be a magnificent masterpiece.
|Disappointing and boring eye candy |
January 1st, 2011 [4:36:14]
Rambo: Seeing the trailer I thought I was in for a wild 3D ride of action and adventure,however,I was sad to find out that this part took only 10% time of the movie.What happens in the other 90%?not much really,Very boring dialogues about the past of characters we don't really care about.The acting is below average as well and even Jeff Bridges can't save this movie from failure.
I blame Disney for this snoozer,much like some of their other films,this movie is lacking emotional depth and masculine aspect.Characters keep talking,walking and fighting and yet everything feels cartoonish and lame.
The 3D as well was disappointing compared to resident evil 4 which I saw a few months ago and enjoyed much more then Tron Legacy.
Save your money and wait for the dvd.